Would you like to help us improve the Street Tree Project? Please take this 5-10 minute survey.
Did you realize your tree could be saving you money?
According to Energy Saving Trees, a properly placed tree could save up to 20% on your energy bill.
- A US-based tool; no international or Canadian version available
- A mapping tool showing user where to plant a tree around building for maximum energy/$ saving benefits
- 1 tree = up to 20% savings
- Trees serve as summer shade and winter windbreaks
- Designed for utility companies who may want to offer customers free trees; open to corporations, non-profits, etc.
- Costs: customer pays for delivery costs, flexible options ranging from $20 – $100
- Communicate with region coordinators/foresters to compile list of most suitable tree species and size
Provides partners with:
- Budget plan
- Methods to satisfy regulatory requirements
- Marketing & Customer service by Arbor Day Foundation
The City of Hamilton also has a free Street Tree Planting Program that will provide a front yard or boulevard tree and maintenance at no cost!
Energy Saving Trees is powered i-Tree
- Free Software suite doing analysis on community scale
- Helps strengthen urban forests by analysing structure and ecosystem services
- i-Tree Eco, hydro, canopy may be useful for us
- data collection needed — volunteer run?